Applications for our 2015/16 placements are now closed. We will list our placements for next year from January 2016.
In 2015 we advertised the following roles....
R&D Hardware Design (electronics) – 2 placements
- Ordering and sourcing components and PCBs during all phases of development
- Maintaining / organising the R&D component stock.
- Assembling & fault finding prototypes by hand, including soldering components and using CAD tools to aid the build process.
- Design work on new projects, including schematic capture, PCB layout and firmware development
R&D Mechanical Design
- Drive and negotiate the Design Intent through preliminary studies
- Create 3D Assemblies and parts from concept sketches
- Generate 2D Mechanical Drawings and BOM exports
- Product artwork creation and updates
- Build Rapid Prototypes
- Prepare data for tooling
- Review off-tool parts and provide feedback to vendors
- Maintain product ownership until Mass Production
Service & Support
- Component level repair of all products.
- Creating service documentation for new products.
- Assisting worldwide service partners with repairs.
- Feedback of field issues to the design/manufacturing teams.
- Feeding into the design of new products based on experience of faults/serviceability of previous models.
- Pre & post sales technical support for Focusrite & Novation product lines via email, phone and LiveChat.
- Recreation of customer setups - bug-hunting! Feedback of field issues to R&D.
- Contributing to new product development based on experience with customers.
- Assisting global distributors, VIPs and artists.
- Being part of a tightly-knit, award-winning Support team.
- Help to validate that new technologies and product concepts are fit for purpose
- Analyse, and help to refine, technical specifications for new products
- Assist in the development of new QA approaches
- Plan and execute tests on new product samples
- Create bug reports, and assist developers in fault-finding
- Retain responsibility for product quality throughout and beyond development
- Test maintenance updates, and manage their release
- Test our products on new software and hardware platforms
Online Marketing Assistant
- Basic copy-writing
- Editing and adding new content on two main brand websites
- Web content optimisation
- Social media content gathering
- Engaging with different customer groups on multiple online platforms
- Creating online surveys
- Assist in creation of html ecomms