RedNet D16 AES
This user guide covers the main elements of the RedNet Digital Audio Networking system.
RedNet Control 1.7 Release Notes
New Features in RedNet Control 1.7
- RedNet HD32R compatibility.
- RedNet D64R compatibility.
- Device status flags now visible when devices are minimised.
- Updated RedNet Firmware:
- Brooklyn 1: v947
- Brooklyn 2: v947
Features from RedNet Control 1.6
- RedNet D16R compatibility.
- RedNet MP8R updated gain range to align 0dBFS with +18dBu (Gain Range: 10dB to 65dB).
- Updated external clock display mechanism - applies to D16/ D16R.
- Locked light will flash when external clock is selected but not connected/valid.
- Network locked light will flash only if not synced to network.
- Updated external clock indicator in RedNet Control.
- Off - External clock not selected.
- Red - External clock selected but not connected.
- Amber - External clock selected but not valid.
- Green - External clock selected and valid.
- First-run splash screen update.
- Updated RedNet Firmware:
- Brooklyn 1: v926
- Brooklyn 2: v926
Features from RedNet Control 1.5
- RedNet MP8R compatibility
- Yamaha ID feature for RedNet 4 and RedNet MP8R allows for discovery on Yamaha CL & QL consoles.
- Updated Brooklyn Firmware.
- Brooklyn 1: SW 18.104.22.168/ FW 22.214.171.124
- Brooklyn 2: SW 126.96.36.199/ FW 188.8.131.52
- Updated PCIe firmware to 184.108.40.206
- Updated PCIe driver to:
- Mac: 1.7.5 r20
- Windows: 220.127.116.11
- Updated Dante Controller:
- Mac: 18.104.22.168
- Windows: 22.214.171.124
- We found that the vast majority of users preferred routing in Dante Controller rather than RedNet Control. As a result, routing has been removed from RedNet Control, allowing us to focus development and support on adding new features.
- Consequently there is no need for host mode which has also been removed.
- When closing RedNet Control, the user will be asked to confirm this action. This prevents inadvertent interruption of an MIDI session which is active.
- Devices will now appear in alphanumeric order.
- DVS & RedNet PCIe will now appear as devices on screen, confirming they are present and correct on the network.
- OS X – RedNet Control will now stay in dock when window is closed.
- The RedNet PCIe driver is only compatible with the latest firmware.
- It is important to note that installing new firmware on to any RedNet Unit can take some time, please DO NOT turn the unit off or interrupt the firmware installation - Units will be unresponsive during this process.
- RedNet Control 1.7 will prompt users to upgrade their firmware to version v947 (Bkn-1)/ 947 (Bkn-2).
- Firmware older than v947 (Bkn-1)/ 947 (Bkn-2) firmware will not be compatible with RedNet Control 1.6 or earlier.
- During firmware updates, DO NOT add or remove devices on your Dante network.
- Mac Only: RedNet Control cannot do two consecutive firmware updates. After the first run of firmware updates, please shut down RedNet Control and reopen to upgrade firmware on second wave of units.
- Defaults message from Pro Tools does not clear linked channels on RedNet 4.
- It's possible for RedNet Control GUI to display values of 1–7dB for RedNet 4 when controlled via SysEx. The gain on the unit will still be 0dB or 8dB.
- During installation, a dialog can appear from Audinate's "Dante Control and Monitoring Installer" about firewall settings on Windows 8. Please manually confirm your firewall settings allow Dante Control & Monitoring through the firewall.
- When renaming a unit in Dante Controller, RedNet Control will not show this until it has been rebooted.
- Windows Only: Long device & channel names in RedNet Control will overflow the text boxes.
- Windows Only: MIDI settings will only be stored between sessions if running with elevated privileges.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 (32/ 64 bit)
- Windows 8 (32/ 64 bit)
Mac OS X
- 10.7.x (Lion)
- 10.8.x (Mountain Lion)
- 10.9.x (Mavericks)
- 10.10.x (Yosemite)