Firmware update for RedNet 6 only. Please note this supercedes automatically deployed firmware version distributed with RedNet Control v1.2. Fixes following bugs:
- 241741 – When RedNet 6 SRC was clocked to Word Clock input, corrupt MADI data could be transmitted
- 220335 – RedNet 6 does not retain clock source selection on power cycle
To update RedNet 6 firmware, follow these instructions:
- Extract the firmware file from "RedNet 6 Firmware 582.zip"
- Launch RedNet Control
- Right click on the virtual RedNet 6 device panel
- Select Firmware Update...
- Choose the extracted file: "RedNet 6 Firmware 582.dnt"
- Wait for firmware update process to complete. Do not switch off or disconnect the device.
- After firmware flashing is complete, the unit will reboot
- The unit will now be updated and ready to use
New Features and Fixes for RedNet Control 1.1
Updates affecting all users:
• Addition of Host Mode options
• RedNet 5: Use this for routing and controlling RedNet 5 units in a Pro Tools HD workflow
• PCIe/DVS: Use this for routing to/from RedNet PCIe or DVS
• RedNet interface firmware update
• Fixes distortion/silence issue when receiving audio from DVS at 96kHz
Updates affecting RedNet 5 users since RedNet Control 1.1b:
• RedNet 5 units are now discovered following a switch of Host Mode to RedNet 5 mode
• The RedNet 5 pane no longer displays in PCIe mode
Notes for Windows users
Unless you Run as Administrator, settings are forgotten between sessions. Please start RedNet Control by right-clicking on the application icon and choosing Run as Administrator.
Notes for Mac users
The discovery of a new RedNet unit will cause any collapsed GUI panels to expand
• After switching host mode an error dialog may appear when changing routings. To alleviate this, restart RedNet Control
• The on-screen size of the RedNet 5 area is not remembered between sessions, or after switching host mode
• When switching RedNet 5 to Expansion Mode the GUI will not update until the unit's virtual panel is collapsed and expanded again