This user guide covers the installation and operation of RedNet 3.
This user guide covers the main elements of the RedNet Digital Audio Networking system.
New Features and Fixes for RedNet Control 1.1
Updates affecting all users:
• Addition of Host Mode options
• RedNet 5: Use this for routing and controlling RedNet 5 units in a Pro Tools HD workflow
• PCIe/DVS: Use this for routing to/from RedNet PCIe or DVS
• RedNet interface firmware update
• Fixes distortion/silence issue when receiving audio from DVS at 96kHz
Updates affecting RedNet 5 users since RedNet Control 1.1b:
• RedNet 5 units are now discovered following a switch of Host Mode to RedNet 5 mode
• The RedNet 5 pane no longer displays in PCIe mode
Notes for Windows users
Unless you Run as Administrator, settings are forgotten between sessions. Please start RedNet Control by right-clicking on the application icon and choosing Run as Administrator.
Notes for Mac users
The discovery of a new RedNet unit will cause any collapsed GUI panels to expand
• After switching host mode an error dialog may appear when changing routings. To alleviate this, restart RedNet Control
• The on-screen size of the RedNet 5 area is not remembered between sessions, or after switching host mode
• When switching RedNet 5 to Expansion Mode the GUI will not update until the unit's virtual panel is collapsed and expanded again