The latest version of Saffire MixControl. This installer includes all necessary drivers and software to run the firewire Saffire range of Focusrite interfaces (excluding the Liquid Saffire 56, please see here).
Saffire Mix Control 3.3
- Firmware update to improve MIDI performance and general stability
- Added optional usage logging to improve future usability
Fully supported with:
- Mac OS 10.8
- Mac OS 10.7
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
For further OS compatibility information please see the OS checker HERE.
- Driver updated to 3.5.6 release
- Adds support for Mac OS 10.7 (Lion)
- Improves performance with Pro Tools 9 (Mac and PC)
- Fixed snapshot load/save functions (Mac)
- Fixed crash on non-admin accounts (Mac)
Mac Users Users of Tiger (10.4.11) should install version 1.8, below.
This version of Saffire Mix Control is the most recent version to retain compatibility with OS X 10.4.11 (Tiger). Any Tiger users should install this update for the additional features listed in the attached Release Notes. Leopard (10.5) and Snow Leopard (10.6) users should install the latest update above.
This article explains the steps necessary to safely plug in and unplug your FireWire devices without causing damage to the device or your computer.
RTAS MixControl 1.0
- Saffire MixControl 2.4 or later installed
- Pro Tools 9 installed
Note that multiple Saffires are not supported at the moment. Please consult the RTAS MC User Guide for further information.
- Not loading between tracking and playback snapshot under certain conditions in some systems (Windows only)
User guide explaining standalone mode operation for the Saffire interfaces. Please note that Saffire MixControl v1.7 or above is required for standalone operation.
User guide explaining dual unit mode operation for the Saffire interfaces. Please note that Saffire MixControl v1.7 or above is required for dual unit mode operation.