Focusrite Novation Inc. (‘FNI’), the wholly owned subsidiary of Focusrite Audio Engineering Ltd. (UK), is actively seeking to fill the above open position.
The Focusrite National Sales Manager will be responsible for US dealer channel sales, strategy and revenue performance for the expanding Focusrite product line. Position reports to Focusrite Novation Inc. President. This key position will also interface with the US & UK sales, marketing and product teams.
Essential responsibilities include the following:
- Achievement of Focusrite U.S sales and margin goals.
- Plan product availability, transitions and new product introductions.
- Provide accurate sales forecasting data.
- Monthly reporting of sales objectives and performance to plan.
- Regular reporting of sales data and competitive analysis.
- Work in close coordination with our marketing team, our distributor - American Music & Sound and AM&S Music Creation Division managers.
- Set specific sales goals for individual territory Regional Sales Managers.
- Management and motivation of FNI field trainer, product specialists.
- Generate training tools for regional sales managers and channel partners.
- Develop presentations for company and dealers.
- Provide sales support for dealers.
- Present the company's products through face to face meetings, product demonstrations and presentations.
- Maintain an in-depth demonstrable knowledge of the company’s products.
- Professional with minimum three year experience managing national sales teams and M.I. dealer channel.
- Los Angeles, CA area resident that is able to work in our El Segundo office.
- The candidate will possess strong analytical & communication skills.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office programs / Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
- Ideal candidate will have a strong background and working knowledge of Pro audio products
- Experience working with an international company is an advantage
- Demonstrate products in a public forum, and in a one-on-one situation.
- Attend NAMM, AES, NAB trade shows, regional shows, and dealer events.
- 50% travel throughout the US meeting with dealers, staff and Reps.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Develop, implement and manage sales plans, quotas, etc.
- Work closely with marketing team to develop channel marketing initiatives.
- Operate Mac and PC workstation software for demonstrations
- A results driven, high performance sales professional.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Proactive, self-disciplined with passion for sales.
The ideal candidate will have an engaging personality, with infectious enthusiasm for music technology products and the entire creative music and recording production process. The candidate will demonstrate an ability to lead and motivate people. The candidate will be able to achieve to exceptional sales results and be accountable to sales targets.
A product specialist should wholly encompass the company values in an important customer and dealer-facing role. This means that you will be the ultimate advocate of our brands, evangelising the products, showing yourself and the company in the best light at all times and be full of enthusiasm. You will be the last word in product knowledge for dealers and the brand champion for end users.
We are a company built from working engineers, DJs, producers and musicians, so we expect our product specialists to fit into as many of these categories as possible.
You will be required to have a total awareness of the UK dealer channel; ensuring employees are fully trained on all brands and company ethos.
Deliver product training through regular dealer visits, online web presentations and regular email information to staff.
You will be required to travel the length of the UK frequently staying away from home to deliver a training program designed to maximize our awareness in the UK Retail sector
Deliver the benefits and ‘unique selling points’ of our products over the competition. Therefore, an excellent knowledge of the audio market and relevant manufacturers is essential.
Responsible for generating all demonstration material across brands, liaising with marketing and sales to ensure the correct message is being delivered.
Visit educational establishments to deliver exciting and informative presentations. Focusrite are committed to expanding our brands further within the education market.
You will be required to attend any UK trade shows in a demonstrating and product specialist capacity. There will also be an need to attend dealer and Education conferences.
Word / Excel / Final Cut / Photoshop and other similar program experience is necessary to fulfil this role alongside a full understanding of the current DAW platforms, software, plug-ins and instruments available.
Self-motivated, organized, confident, creative and musically aware are only a few of the skills required to make this role a success. We are looking for a highly driven individual that can engage with all types of musicians to deliver the correct message across all of our brands.
Focusrite has many products in the market and introduce several more each year under the Focusrite and Novation Brands. Our products, such as audio interfaces and synthesizers, are used by top performers and music studios. All our products are designed in the UK, and manufactured in the UK and China.
The strong year-on-year growth of the company has required the creation of this new full-time role at our Head Office in High Wycombe. This role will form part of the Project Management team, and reports to the Programme Manager.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for managing the development and delivery process for new electronic hardware and PC/Mac/iOS software products, across the Focusrite and Novation portfolio, ensuring consistent excellence in Quality, Ease of Use, and Reliability.
- Apply and manage the Focusrite Project System (FPS), with level one project delivery plans, and detailed stage plans with deliverables and review gates.
- Work closely with the market segment teams, planning and coordinating the stage deliverables from Product Concept Validation through to 1st Customer Ship. Project ownership will be for the entire process “End to End”, including deliverables from Product Management, R&D, Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Customer Service.
- Be responsible for estimating project costs, tracking the project performance measures (schedule/cost/quality), and reporting status regularly to the Programme Manager.
- Contribute as part of the Project Management team, to the successful delivery of the full project programme.
Deliverables & Measures
- Project Delivery (New Product Initiatives)o Successfully deliver multiple parallel projects, to the approved schedules, and to the cost and quality targets.
- Author and maintain project planning and strategy documentation. Project wikis, schedules, and meeting notes, documented and kept up to date for review and on going reference.
- Plan, lead, and minute work shop meetings and project end stage reviews, as required to execute the project plan. Ensure that the project teams have successfully completed all stage deliverables
- Work closely with the cross functional delivery teams, managing priorities and resolving work load conflicts.
- Deliver weekly project status reports, with all project risks and exceptions highlighted clearly and concisely, for presentation to Programme Manager and Project Executive.
- Produce monthly cost trend reports, with any over/under spend identified, and corrective actions defined.
- Project Management Process Improvement
- As part of a team of Project Managers, contribute to the successful delivery of the company’s project programme.
- Share project learnings with the team, and learn and reapply from other projects, driving continuous improvement in all areas of project delivery.
- Own a part of the Focusrite Project System, and deliver improvement initiatives that optimise our process, department efficiency and results.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree level education.
- 2-3 years experience as a Project Manager, able to demonstrate capability to deliver multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in MSProject and MSOffice, with excellent documentation and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Able to manage multiple priorities, identify critical path activities, and resolve resource constraints.
- A technical engineering background, would be a significant advantage. Ability to understand and assess the schedule and risk, in the planning and delivery of electronic hardware and software projects.
- Interest in music and the music industry, would be a significant advantage.
Location and Work hours
- Role based at the company Head of Office in High Wycombe
- Hours of work are 9.30 am to 6 pm weekdays.
- The nature of the role precludes working from home.
- No travel as part of the core role execution.
- Occasional one off trips, to a local or international trade show or production vendor, may be required.
We are searching for an experienced QA Manager to ensure our products meet the high standards our customers expect. Reporting to the R&D Manager, you’ll be part of our product team designing and building new Focusrite and Novation products, and maintaining support for existing ones. You’ll be responsible for our QA approach, activities, processes and tools. Most importantly you'll manage and mentor our growing QA team, working with them to deliver robust test strategies and products.
Skills & Requirements
An ideal candidate would be:
- An experienced QA Manager with a product development background
- Expert in electronics, firmware and software testing techniques
- Able to see the big picture, but with an eye for detail
- A proven people manager - clear, supportive and diligent
- Passionate and knowledgeable about audio and music making!
We’re looking for significant experience both with QA and management. A degree in science or engineering is not essential, however the ability to demonstrate a rigorous, scientific approach is crucial. A track record of delivering high quality consumer electronics will help you stand out.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to step into a new role within a rapidly-growing development team. The aim of this role is to further establish and develop the development team within the company. The role includes managing and developing an internal development team responsible for systems including multilingual customer facing websites, ecommerce, software activation and deliver, customer databases, internal lookup systems and much more. The role also includes representing the team within the company and ensuring projects are managed, delivered and communicated to a high standard.
The ideal person for this role will be exceptionally organised, energetic and proactive. They must also have experience in people management. The company is fast-paced so adaptability and managing multiple high-intensity projects is key. The current team is social and geeky and proud of it!
- Line management of development team and multiple contractors
- Process and manage incoming work requests (bugs . feature requests and other outside project work) including the use of Kanban
- Project scoping, planning, management, documentation and reporting
- Future project road-mapping
- Resource planning including internal and external
- Customer engagement in project spec phases and progress communication
- Drive development process documentation
- Manage relationships with internal customers
- Reporting (project, monthly and performance)
- Budget control and reporting
Skills and experience
- Background in web and/or online system development (five years +)
- Proven ability to manage and develop a team
- Experience in managing contractors and budgets
- Strong communication skills including process documentation and expectation management of multiple stakeholders
- Experience in taking small and large projects from a scoping phase through to implementation
We're looking for an outstanding software developer to join our software team. You'll work with us to specify, design and build new products. You'll evaluate new technologies, adopt and refine new working practices; and most importantly write lucid, high performance, maintainable code which will form the backbone of new product ranges.
You'll also help us maintain our portfolio, from iOS apps to the desktop (via DSP algorithms, VST plugins and web applications) - but don't worry, we don't expect you to be an expert in all of them!
An ideal candidate would be:
- Experienced in audio, music and application software
- Familiar with a variety of programming languages, platforms and operating systems (C++ and iOS experience essential, Windows, OS X, Cocoa and C# also desirable)
- An excellent designer, debugger and problem solver
- A clear communicator
- Pragmatic, curious and flexible
- Passionate about programming, music and sound
Come and help us build amazing apps!
If you don't see anything that quite suits your skill-set but you think we should know about you, especially if you have original and commercially viable product ideas (hard or software) or any other attribute you think we'd be mad to ignore, we want to hear from you. Submit a C.V. here which will be handed to the relevant person in your area of interest and if we think we can find space for you, one of our team will email you directly.