Some users who purchased their Saffire PRO before compatibility with Windows Vista was introduced may experience problems with the initial Firmware upgrade from the pre-Vista Firmware (version 1). Please note that this applies to the legacy Saffire 10 I/O and Saffire 26 I/O only.
To upgrade your Firmware from version 1 to version 2 on Windows Vista, please do the following:
1. Connect your Saffire PRO to your computer and switch it on
2. Open up SaffireControl PRO
3. Click on the Focusrite Saffire PRO logo in SaffireControl PRO and select "Update Firmware"
4. Confirm that you wish to update the Firmware
5. When the window below appears, disconnect and reconnect your Saffire PRO's Firewire cable
6. The Firmware update should then complete without any problems
If you continue to experience problems, please contact Customer Support.