My Saffire LE is displaying only the amber (Inst) LEDs and I cannot change them.
Opening up panel SaffireControl LE gives me the message "Connection to Saffire LE lost. Please check FireWire connection".
This usually means that the Saffire LE is unable to establish a connection with the computer. Please check out the following answerbase article on ways of solving connection difficulties:
Saffire Product Troubleshooting - Connection Difficulties
I can record signal from a mic through my Saffire LE and into my DAW, however I am unable to hear any playback.
- The Saffire LE is selected as the output device in your DAW audio settings.
- You have selected a pair of Saffire LE outputs on the track in your DAW that you wish to monitor. Check your DAW's user guide for more info on this.
- The SaffireControl LE routing is set up correctly. For easy troubleshooting, click on the "Track" button to load up a default snapshot which routes all audio streams to all outputs.
- The master monitor knobs are turned up in the SaffireControl LE. These are controlled by a circular dial for each output pair down the centre of the control panel.
- The software Mute button (one of the buttons around each master monitor knob) is not engaged.
- If using outputs 1/2 on the back, make sure that the hardware monitor knob on the front of the unit is turned up.
- If using headphones, make sure the headphones volume knob on the front of the Saffire unit is also turned up.
- Your cables are working correctly - try changing them.
If you are still unable to get any sound, it may be that the buffer is set too low.
Check the Saffire Product Troubleshooting - Connection Difficulties article for more information on this.
I have run out of authorisations for my Saffire Plugin suite.
Just email Technical Support and provide your Saffire serial number and Authorisation code, and they'll reset them for you.